|Hello from AMA Omaha!
Your Board is thrilled to touch base at the start of 2020, with a reflection on the year so far and a preview of the events and opportunities on the horizon. We have grown as a Board (to 23 hard-working, thoughtful and dedicated Omaha-area marketers) and have elevated our expectations for our programming, our events, and our service to the Omaha marketing community. In our efforts to fulfill our mission of being THE essential community for Omaha marketers, AMA Omaha has:
- Introduced new programming branding with three unique event series – Power Lunch, Workshops, and Marketers MeetUps
- Hosted a wildly successful Pub Quiz event, complete with commemorative beer glasses and one epic annual trophy!
- Hosted the AMA Midwest-West Regional Retreat, showcasing our city and our Board best practices
- Developed more regular, native content from AMA Omaha, including our podcast, AMP by AMA Omaha and more frequent blog posts
- Unveiled a new, streamlined online-awards platform for our nationally-judged Pinnacles awards competition
- Rolled out the first-ever AMA Omaha Executive Advisory Council, tapping Omaha-area marketing thought leaders to build a better, more meaningful local Chapter
- Celebrated FOUR National Chapter Excellence Awards
- And worked to keep you updated on all things AMA Omaha through our weekly newsletters, social media, and articles like this one!
What’s next? So much more. In the next six months, look to AMA Omaha for:
- Laughs, learning, and tasty pub fare at our annual Super Bowl Ad Review(Cunningham’s Pub, Feb. 12, 2020)
- A special month of partnership with The Heart Ministry Center this February (AMA <3’s HMC)
- THE awards-night of the year at the AMA Omaha Pinnacle Awards (April 22, 2020)
- A new educational grant program surrounding the Professional Certified Marketer program from AMA (details coming soon!)
- A full calendar of Power Lunch, Workshop, and Marketers Meetups events
- And continued celebration of members like YOU through our Member of the Month recognition program
Questions? Comments on how we can build a better AMA Omaha? We’re here to listen.
To 2020 and beyond!
President, AMA Omaha